Back in January, when I asked readers here to tell me about their biggest challenges of writing and motherhood, they said:
“Energy! Sleepless nights, demanding children. Giving due attention to children, house & writing.” ~Rebecca
“…finding a block of time when I can get into my creative flow.” ~Catherine
“[I]t has been a constant juggling act to keep the boundaries around my “work” self and my “mommy” self.”~ Cindi
“I feel my daughter should come first, so stealing time away for my writing feels selfish.”~Andrea
“Negotiating tactics are what I need help on. How do [my husband and I] both get our own destress time, time together and take care of the house and children??” ~Asrai
I’ve got to juggle the schedules of three children in different stages–a kindergartener, a grade school and a high schooler. I’m married. I work full-time. I volunteer at church. So time is the biggest thing for me.” ~Patricia
“I feel guilty because my husband goes to work and if I did too then we would have our house paid off sooner. I beat myself up because my kids ask me why Dad’s tucking them in why aren’t I.” ~E.J.
The post was meant to feel out readers with regard to an eBook I planned to write—a productivity guide for moms (or dads, grandparents or other people who spend a lot of time caring for young children) who also want to find time to write a novel or collection of short stories. At this point, the eBook is outlined, and I’m doing some research in order to make this guide the most helpful product it can possibly be for you.
My plan for this eBook includes:
- Interviews with bestselling authors who are also mothers of young children
- Guest content written by published authors and prolific bloggers
- A fiction-writing toolkit with printable worksheets
- A gigantic list of time savers
- Tips for keeping kids busy (organized by age group, from newborn to high school)
- Templates designed to streamline your home routines
- Ultra-quick recipes for busy parents
The book will also teach you how to:
- set reachable writing goals
- use time-tracking to design a writing schedule
- help family members support your writing
- set up an effective writing space
- find mental space and motivation to write
Here’s where I need your help.
You can make this eBook everything you want it to be.
Type your email into the form below, and I’ll show you how you can help me make this eBook address exactly the problems you’re facing at this moment. You’ll also be among the first to receive updates about when the eBook will be released, and you’ll be eligible for special offers and giveaways during the book launch.
I can’t wait to hear more about the challenges you’re facing, and work with you to ensure the finished product will genuinely make a difference in your life.I look forward to hearing from you very soon!
UPDATE: I’ve closed the form for now. Thanks to everyone who responded, I look forward to hearing more from you!