A selection of founding editor Suzannah Windsor’s writing credits:
Fiction & Poetry
- “Dark Matter,” (fiction) Prairie Fire, 2018.
- “Will There Be Any Stars?” (fiction) Geist, 2017.
- “In Koolikari,” (fiction) Not Somewhere Else But Here: A Contemporary Anthology of Women and Place. Sundress Publications, 2013.
- “Laying Skin,” (fiction) The Danforth Review, 2013.
- “Lakeshore,” (poetry) Anderbo, 2012.
- “In Koolikari,” (fiction) Sou’wester, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, 2012.
- “The Third Day,” (fiction) The Best of the Sand Hill Review, 2012.
- “Private Literature,” (fiction) Saw Palm, The University of South Florida, 2012.
- “Perfect,” (fiction) Grist: The Journal for Writers, The University of Tennessee, 2012.
- “The Third Day,” (fiction) The Sand Hill Review, 2011.
- “How Grants are (Finally) Helping Me Finish Writing My Book,” RT Book Reviews, 2016.
- “6 Organization Tips for Disorganized Writers,” InPrint, Colorado Authors League newsletter, 2015. (Reprint)
- “My Response to a Letter from an Aspiring Writer,”Blackheath Dawn Magazine, 2015. (Reprint)
- “Stand Out: Make your mark in literary journals,” The Writer Magazine, Nov. 2014.
- “How to Get Your Short Stories Published in Lit Mags.” Writer Unboxed, 2014.
- “Patience Is a Writer’s Most Important Virtue.” Goinswriter.com, 2012.
- “6 Ways Bloggers Can Avoid a Visit from the Grammar Police.” The Creative Penn, 2012.
- “Cut the Comparisons: 3 Ways to Embrace Your Unique Path.” Change Your Thoughts, 2012.
- “20 Questions Answered by Sarah Lapolla of Curtis Brown Ltd.” Women on Writing 2011.
- “How Small Victories Help You Write with Perseverance.” Procrastinating Writers, 2011.
- “Are You a Word Nerd or a Grammar Rebel?” Nathan Bransford, Literary Agent, 2010.
- “Central Heating, and Other Things You Only Love Once They’re Gone.” World’s Strongest Librarian, 2010.
- “6 Ways to Make Money Doing What You Love.” Live Bold and Bloom, 2010.
- “5 Reasons Your Story Stinks (and how to air it out).” Write to Done, 2009.
- “Is your Writer’s Block Just an Excuse?” Storyfix, 2009.
- “What’s Your Style of Writer Underpants?” Men with Pens, 2009.
- “8 Nasty Writing Habits You Should Quit.” Fuel Your Writing, 2009.
- “How to Make Your Home a Natural Learning Environment.” Zen Family Habits, 2009.
- Compose: A Journal of Simply Good Writing, 2012.
- The Busy Mom’s Guide to Writing, 2012.
- The 31-Day Better Writing Habits Challenge. Collaborative project with Jennifer Blanchard of Procrastinating Writers, 2011.
- Read Better, Write Better: A Workbook for Aspiring Novelists, 2011.
- Hefty Online Journal Features Many Genres and Some Advice for Writers, The Review Review, 2014.
- “So inexplicably beautiful or true”: Interview with Suzannah Windsor of Compose Journal. The Review Review, 2013.
- Editor Q&A with Suzannah Windsor of Compose Journal. Lisa Romeo’s blog, 2013
- Creative Encounters: Conversations with Suzannah Windsor Freeman. Her Silent Musings, 2013.
- Interview with Suzannah Freeman. Working Writers and Bloggers, 2011.
- E-Junkie Info names Write It Sideways as one of the 12 Blogs that Every Writer Must Read. 2011.
- Interview with Suzannah Freeman. 3Qs, 2011.
- Jonathan Crossfield from CopyWrite ranks Write It Sideways as number 25 in The Top 50 Australian Blogs for Writers, 2010.
- Author Therese Walsh of Writer Unboxed welcomes Suzannah as a semi-regular contributor. 2010.
- The Sydney Writers’ Centre names Write It Sideways as a WebPick. 2010.
- Writing-World.com recommends Write It Sideways in their newsletter. 2010.
- Leo Babauta of Zen Habits introduces his new sister blog Zen Family Habits, and lists Suzannah as one of four inaugural contributors. 2009.