Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and getting plenty of writing done.
Here are some recently published articles on writing that you should definitely take time to read this weekend.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Writing How-To Articles
- 1st Person Narratives: Conversational, yes. Chatty, like ohmmigod no, Nathan Bransford for Nathan Bransford Literary Agent
- Four Ways to Foreshadow Conflict, Laura Cross for About A Screenplay
- How to Write Satisfying Endings, Mary Kole for Kidlit.com
- What Makes a Character? Mary Kole for Kidlit.com
- Get Published Part I–The Second Most Important Thing You Need to Know, Larry Brooks for Storyfix
- Get Published, Part 2 – Why Good Isn’t Good Enough
- Get Published, Part 3 – Why You Get Rejected and How to Avoid Those Deal Killers
- Get Published, Part 4 — It isn’t about your writing voice… it’s about your story
- Get Published Series, Part 5 – What Agents and Editors are Really Looking For
- Get Published, Part 6 – Avoiding the Common Pitfalls
- Get Published, Part 7 – Write To the Beat of Your Own Drummer
- The Self-Publishing Debate Becomes a Debate, Adrienne Kress for The Temp, The Actress and The Writer
Productivity & Inspiration
- 43 Most Inspiring Writing Advice Posts of 2009, Jennifer Blanchard for Procrastinating Writers
- 6 Ways to be a More Productive Writer or Blogger, Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen for Quips and Tips for Successful Writers
- How to Destroy Writer’s Block and Unleash Your Creativity, Henri Junttila for Write to Done
- 5 Principles to Remember as You Battle the Demons of Creative Procrastination, Justine Musk for Storytellers Unplugged