Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season and getting plenty of writing done.
Here are some recently published articles on writing that you should definitely take time to read this weekend.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Writing How-To Articles
- 1st Person Narratives: Conversational, yes. Chatty, like ohmmigod no, Nathan Bransford for Nathan Bransford Literary Agent
- Four Ways to Foreshadow Conflict, Laura Cross for About A Screenplay
- How to Write Satisfying Endings, Mary Kole for Kidlit.com
- What Makes a Character? Mary Kole for Kidlit.com
- Get Published Part I–The Second Most Important Thing You Need to Know, Larry Brooks for Storyfix
- Get Published, Part 2 – Why Good Isn’t Good Enough
- Get Published, Part 3 – Why You Get Rejected and How to Avoid Those Deal Killers
- Get Published, Part 4 — It isn’t about your writing voice… it’s about your story
- Get Published Series, Part 5 – What Agents and Editors are Really Looking For
- Get Published, Part 6 – Avoiding the Common Pitfalls
- Get Published, Part 7 – Write To the Beat of Your Own Drummer
- The Self-Publishing Debate Becomes a Debate, Adrienne Kress for The Temp, The Actress and The Writer
Productivity & Inspiration
- 43 Most Inspiring Writing Advice Posts of 2009, Jennifer Blanchard for Procrastinating Writers
- 6 Ways to be a More Productive Writer or Blogger, Laurie Pawlik-Kienlen for Quips and Tips for Successful Writers
- How to Destroy Writer’s Block and Unleash Your Creativity, Henri Junttila for Write to Done
- 5 Principles to Remember as You Battle the Demons of Creative Procrastination, Justine Musk for Storytellers Unplugged
Join the discussion
jennifer blanchard says
Hey Suzannah, I just wanted to say thanks for including me on your list! Happy New Year!
No problem, Jennifer:) Your post cited some really useful articles. Happy New Year to you too!
Steven Aitchison says
Happy New Year to you Suzannah.
I loved the ‘Publishing’ series that you linked to here. Thank you.
.-= Read Steven Aitchison´s last article ..Cultivating Your Idea Field for 2010 =-.
So glad you enjoyed the publishing series by Larry Brooks. He’s got some of the best writing advice in the blogosphere. Happy New Year to you and your family, too!
Great list – I read a few of these – wonderfully helpful! I’ll hope to get thru the rest of them this weekend. Hope you had a delicious holiday – all the best wishes for a sparkling new year!
No problem, Suzen. Enjoy the rest of the articles!